Monday, February 6, 2012

Let's start a Crossfit Gym and Whole 30 Round 2 Begins!

It is amazing how much the direction of one's life can change in the matter of a week. We have been in the Air Force going on seven years now. We've lived in Germany, been all through Europe, and have been at our current home in D.C. for over 2 years.

My husband has been Crossfitting at the gym on our base for almost two years and decided it was time to get certified and maybe instruct in his free time. He was hired by the gym and has been working there in addition to his active-duty job for two months. In that small amount of time, he has decided he'd like to make this a full-time gig.

While we have been back-and-forth about whether or not to leave the military to be closer to home to family, we've always pretty much had it in our heads that we were in for the full twenty until retirement. The benefits are unbeatable. Free health care, the opportunity to travel, and a guaranteed paycheck that is much higher than your average civilian job. We are about to walk away from all of that.

But, I'm at peace with that. This is the first time Justin has really felt passionate about something (other than me ;). And I have come to learn that having things is not a lasting source of happiness. One more thing to clean or put away or fix or replace when it is broken.

This is what I have been wrapped up in for the last few weeks. Figuring out logistics. Reading. Starting business plans. I'm very excited and a little nervous, but I know that this change will be an adventure and I support my husband.

-----
I am now ready to start Whole 30 round 2 and am planning to keep doing rounds of Whole 30 with 1-2 day breaks in between until I achieve the results I want. It's a little self-experiment that I am excited for.

No comments:

Post a Comment