Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Whole 30 Day 14

I was hungry today so in addition to what was pictured I also at 4 or 5 good handfuls of the almond/raisin trail mix, a hard boiled egg and a date.
I've been reading a book called Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes and it is an excellent read. Somewhat technical, but definitely worth it to get a better picture of why we actually get fat and what a huge role insulin plays in that. So, I've been doing little other than reading.. it's kind of the thing I love to do.

Breakfast:
2 eggs over easy with turkish seasoning on a half a raw red bell pepper
1/2 grapefruit.
Closeup

Lunch: My very favorite egg salad with spicy brown mustard, lemon juice, dill, salt, red pepper, and a cucumber. I was sad I had to share with my husband :*(

I forgot to take a picture of the sides on my plate. Dinner was 6 or 7 sweet potato fries, a cup or so of cabbage sauteed in coconut oil and some AWESOME pork tenderloin. I would probably double the marinade recipe next time, though.
Ok, I'm off for now. It's Modern Family night and I have a great book to curl up with, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment