Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Whole 30 Day 13

Day 13, almost halfway there. So I've just been keepin' on with this diet and I'm kind of surprised how easy it has been to get this far. I think blogging keeps me accountable and knowing that there are hundreds, if not thousands of other people out there doing the same thing keeps me motivated. If they can do it, I can.

One unexpected and pleasant part of being so restricted in what I am eating is that I am forced to experiment in order to avoid getting bored and to actually ENJOY this challenge. It's weird now to say that I have enjoyed it, but I have! I feel great. I feel light and have a generally good attitude. I feel like I am much more patient with my children. And there is really absolutely no guilt about the food choices I am making. I used to have a bowl of ice cream or some other treat by the afternoon, which hid my choices from my kids who were sleeping and my husband who was at work, feel guilty, then go on this downward eating spiral that had me eating another bowl or two before bed. It was a very unhealthy relationship with food.

On to the food -
Breakfast:
2 eggs over easy fried in coconut oil with turkish seasoning from Penzeys Spices.
Spinach sauteed in coconut oil

Lunch:
A bowl of soup made of homemade chicken broth, kale, mushrooms, carrots, celery and chicken thighs. I forgot to take a pic, so there's the picture what's left in the crock pot. 



Dinner: 96% lean ground beef browned with a jar of Bertolli's Arrabiata sauce and steamfresh brussels sprouts
Snack today was a giant handful of an almond/raisin trail mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment