Saturday, January 14, 2012

Whole 30 Day 10

TEN DAYS! 1/3 of the way through this challenge and I'm feeling pretty good. I have discovered though, that I really need to stop with the dates. They are very sugary and have been kind of like a crutch to me like the applesauce was the first couple days. So no more dates tomorrow and we'll see how that is.





Breakfast:
2 eggs over easy fried in coconut oil + salsa that I didn't finish because it was too spicy
1/2 grapefruit

 Lunch: Approximately 7 ounces of roast beef and brussels sprouts
Today was my date night with my husband and usually anytime we go out there is Cold Stone or Cheesecake Factory involved. I was very hungry and hoping to grab some grub, so we decided to see what all the fuss was with paleo people and Chipotle. I ordered the carnitas with tomatoes, salsa and guacamole. It was pretty yummy since there was fresh cilantro in the salsa, but a bit spicy. My husband said I could easily recreate this at home and that made me proud :)

It was good!! And there was a ton of guac. Melt my heart.

In case you were wondering...
Not pictured was about 11 dates (notice how that number keeps going up??). I am out of tea and discovering that I really need that to feel like I am having something more special than water. And that I also need to just close the date bag and put it in the back of the closet. Also had a handful of almonds.

Workout today:
15 minute AMRAP
400 M Run
100 Double Unders

I cannot do 1 double under so I did a 400M run, 25 attempts, 400M run and 12 or so more double under attempts. SO more of a skill thing than a workout I guess




Also Saturday evening came around and Justin wanted to do the Bear (a crossfit workout), so I decided to do some more skill work. What's more romantic than an evening in our home gym?

So I did 10 rounds (65lb bar):
1 deadlift
1 clean
1 front squat
1 push press
1 back squat
1 back push press

You can watch a video of the bear here, but add a deadlift before each round.

No comments:

Post a Comment