Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 2 Meal Plan

Day 1: Roast Beef (make sure to use a meat thermometer and use a bigger roast for leftovers with lunch if you want them!), Kale Chips (the oven will be set at 375, so won't need to cook as long and use sea salt instead of season salt) and Roasted Vegetables (I'll be doing beets and carrots, but add other veggies to your shopping list if you want them)

Day 2: Chicken Shawarma minus the mixed greens + Spinach sauteed in coconut oil (or try paleo creamed spinach, but I am lazy). This will take time ahead to marinate, so prep early.

Day 3: Meaty Taco Salad.. for 'various spices' I am using: 1tbsp garlic powder, 1/2tsp black pepper, 1Tbsp cumin, 1Tbsp chili powder. I am also using spinach rather than mixed greens.

Day 4: Portabello Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries. I use cinnamon rather than paprika and I leave skin on and cut into thin wedges.

Day 5: Roast Chicken (yes, I repeat to make things easy for me), steamfresh brussels sprouts, tomato + avocado side salad (1 ripe avocado + 1-2 cups of cherry tomatoes halves, dress with oil and balsamic vinegar)

Day 6: LEFTOVER NIGHT!! Or make a tuna salad from the things you have left in your fridge. Or try the Shrimp Flying Saucers modified to whatever you have in your fridge. I often do not have purple cabbage, so sometimes sub with peppers.

Day 7: Beyond Easy Pulled Pork + tomato & cucumber salad dressed with oil and vinegar.

Things that are easy to make on the weekend and reheat:
Chicken Shawarma, Meaty Taco Salad (the meat part, not the salad), and the roasted veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment