Friday, January 13, 2012

Becky's Chicken Paleo Style (Delicious!)













Becky's Chicken Paleo Style

Any time I combine the flavors of garlic, tomato, artichokes and chicken, I think of my sister-in-law Becky (the best cook I know) and I reminisce about days when I used to go over to her house and she would make this amazing sauce usually served over pasta. I would eat until stuffed then have some coffee and yummy dessert! It was amazing and if we were to ever leave the military, these memories would figure largely in that decision :) Luckily we are close enough now that I can occasionally enjoy those days again.

* 1.5 lbs chicken thighs
* 2 cans fire roasted chopped tomatoes OR regular, but I think the fire roasted added something
* 1 can artichoke hearts, I used ones in water, but I bet marinated would be even better!
* 1/2 can coconut milk (skip if you want more of a tomato sauce, but I was craving cream sauce. Use full fat otherwise you will have to thicken with something like arrowroot powder)
* 1 Tbsp oregano
*1 Tbsp (or more!!) garlic powder
* Salt and pepper (I was generous with both)

Cut up chicken thighs and pan fry in their own fat until cooked through on medium heat. Season with salt, pepper, oregano and garlic. Add tomatoes and artichoke hearts and bring to simmer. Add coconut milk and stir until heated. I tasted and decided to add a bit more salt.

Serve over riced cauliflower

Riced Cauliflower
1 head cauliflower
Salt, pepper
2tsp or so coconut oil or butter (I prefer butter when not on a whole 30)

Chop off the cauliflower florets and with small batches at a time place in food processor and process until a rice-y consistency. Transfer to pan and fry until the cauliflower starts to change to more of a yellow than white. Season with salt and pepper.

1 comment:

  1. I love this (and you!) Artichokes (I usually use the water ones, too) and tomatoes over pasta IS delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete