Monday, April 9, 2012

What's Up!?

I would like to go on another Whole 30 to see if perhaps we won't dive off the deep end afterwards. I think now is a good time since we have no travel plans, no birthday parties, NADA to sidetrack us. The great thing is that my husband has programmed me a special 'Butt Month' training schedule and I think these two will go great together ;)

The last week I have done all workouts programmed, but failed with the Easter candy. I am definitely discovering that I am one of those people that can't have stuff in the house.. or have just one of anything. Today I did the Crossfit Total for the first time and this was a small miracle if you know me. I hate lifting anything heavy and have this fear that I'm going to do something horrible and injure myself and not be able to take care of the kids for awhile. My husband actually suggested that I could have done the workout by myself at home (because I was whining a little bit about how it's never convenient to work out), but hell.no. is that happening. He's a Crossfit instructor at our local gym and there's no way I'm doing anything without him there to triple check my form.
Here are my results:

Deadlift - 160 (PR - personal record)
Shoulder Press - 60lb (PR)
Back Squat - 145 (PR)

All PR's, so I'm stoked, but I never have done a back squat to see how heavy I can lift. I'm looking forward to getting stronger and I know that's going to take some getting accustomed to heavy weights.

I just need to pair these workouts with how I, as a someday hopeful nutritionist, know how to eat. The great thing is that when I do workouts, I not only get a self-esteem and energy boost, but ALSO this leads to eating better. I think it's a momentum thing. Exercise and that will make you want to eat better so as not to cancel out all that hard work. Just avoid that gallon of ice cream when hunger hits you!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your PRs!!! Now you have numbers to go by if you ever work on percentages in strength training!! So excited to see how much you improve these next few months!

    ReplyDelete