Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Make it Paleo's Carrot Cake Recipe Review

We love our desserts in this house. Sooo one day I had absolutely no chocolate in the house, but a ton of carrots. I thought it would be a great time to try a new recipe and immediately turned to Make it Paleo as they are the creators of the best damn Paleo pumpkin pie ever. I selected this carrot cake and made cream cheese frosting to top it with.





I did not think that this recipe was much more labor intensive than regular cake made from scratch. My husband really loved the carrot cake, while neither of my sons really cared for it. In my opinion, the cake was very dense and the frosting had a VERY strong ginger taste - to the point that it was spicy. This wasn't super sweet either. If I were to make this again I might add a little more maple syrup or dates to the cake mix and either halve the ginger in the frosting or use some powdered ginger instead. This cake was much better after sitting overnight in the fridge.

I also decided to get fancy this week and make this homemade laundry detergent. I'm like a hippy without the armpit hair.

Turned out great - just needs some stirring once in awhile

One other very easy treat that the kids have been enjoying for the last few days is frozen OJ. They've been wanting Popsicles, but everything I have found in the grocery store either has sugar in it or says it's sugar-free (but has SPLENDA - hooray for feeding our children chemicals). So, I just froze some orange juice in Popsicle molds and the kids LOVE the cold treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment