Friday, January 6, 2012

Whole 30 Day 2

Day 2 started out fine. Felt hungry when I woke up, but as I was cooking breakfast I had a glass of water and somehow that hunger disappeared. I still ate what I cooked; 2 over easy eggs fried in a tsp of coconut oil and 1C mushrooms, 1C broccoli florets and 1/8C red onion fried in another tsp of coconut oil. Also had a cup of green tea. I included 1/2C applesauce with cinnamon as I was getting the low blood sugar feeling.. if you've gone low carb after a high carb binge then you know what I'm talking about.



I had a few friends come over today and I put out some healthy snack options. I grazed on cucumbers, red bell peppers and carrots, but skipped the almonds and dates that I had out. I didn't start cooking lunch until around 1:30 and I honestly wasn't hungry for it. I threw a spaghetti squash in the oven, browned some beef and threw some sauce on top.

 I ate lunch around 2:30. It was nice because D was sleeping and L and I just chatted away. It was very cool to enjoy a meal in peace and hold a half hour+ conversation with my 3 year old about crocodiles eating people. When lunch was finished cooking, L took a few bites of what I had; probably 2C spaghetti squash, 1/4lb ground beef and 3/4C sauce. I was stuffed and it was hard to get this all down.
I ate dinner around 5:45 and only because I knew I hadn't taken in enough calories. Again, I didn't feel hungry, tired, or weak, I just knew it was something I needed to keep that metabolism going. It was about 3/4C leftover meat and sauce and a cup or so of green cabbage sauteed in coconut oil. Yum yum.

Immediately after dinner I had 3 dates. These are good, but tasted like pure sugar. A little too strong just now for me. Justin agrees they are very sweet. I haven't done a workout yet today... Justin is trying to talk me into doing Crossfit Total, so maybe I will update with an actual WOD today.
UPDATE: No workout done :) Instead had a cup of tea and 1/2C applesauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment