Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Four Pillars - Part 1

I wrote last time that I'm working on implementing recommendations for optimal health for myself and children on a daily basis. I'm following first the recommendations in Deep Nutrition by Catherine Shanahan. She suggests that people should eat food from the Four Pillars of Nutrition (which are the foods all native/indigenous people have in common): Meat on the Bone, Organ Meats, Fermented/Sprouted Foods, & Fresh/Uncooked ingredients. I will show you how I incorporate these old, traditional foods into my life.

In this installment I tackled: Meat on the Bone/Bone Broth

I was already making bone broth somewhat infrequently, but I have since increased my intake to a mug of bone broth almost daily. If I do not have bone broth made in a given week, I'll make soup with chicken bones or beef soup bones.


What, Why, How?


Instructional Bone Broth Videos:



No comments:

Post a Comment