Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Whole 30 Round 2 Day 1

My plans to start a second Whole 30 with a week or so break from the first one quickly fell apart when my husband left for training. It has proven very hard for me to have the motivation to even just go to the grocery store that is literally 400 yards from my home. We may have even eaten PIZZA! and ICE CREAM! But, I'm putting the last 3 weeks behind me and starting fresh. My husband is still gone, but I think my foray into hedonism has pushed the reset button on my motivation meter and I'm ready to go again.


Breakfast
2HB eggs
About 2 hand fulls of spinach sauteed in lard
Hand full of blueberries

Lunch
Easiest stew made of carrots, 1lb of grass fed stew meat, 1/2 an onion, 1tbsp lard, garlic powder and salt
A beet! These are so yummy, but very sugar-y. It was a great moment today when my oldest son fought for and ate half of my beet. (Roasted at 350 for about 1hr 15 in tin foil and drizzled with coconut oil)

Dinner
Chicken meat cut from the breast of a roasted chicken - skin on
2 Hand fulls raw spinach
1/2C cherry tomatoes

Snacks (Not Pictured)
1 grapefruit
1/2C or so of pineapple
Hand full of almonds




2 comments:

  1. Oh, Sarah! You are so good! My plan to start round 2 after holiday weekend turned out to be pushed back… I have my friend visiting end of this week and a couple of outing plan on the weekend… so My day 1 will be Sunday, 27 Feb. :) excuses, excuses…
    What I missed most (or what I am trying to enjoy while this stretched weeks…) is wine and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really miss heavy cream in my coffee! But, my round 2 kind of got derailed by an unplanned trip home! :) So I need to start over. Maybe a modified one that allows for heavy cream... Did you make another go of it?

      Delete