Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Starting the Whole 30

Approximately two weeks ago, I started a strict paleo challenge that would have lasted 30 days. Around the 2nd day my husband purchased 17 half-gallons of ice cream on a dare.. he's a funny guy that one. I've been eating ice cream like it is going out of style since and suffering all of the problems that blood sugar spikes and over-consumption of dairy indicate. But yesterday I started fresh. I am doing the Whole 30 challenge and waving that banner proudly:

The


NO dairy. NO sugar (not even honey or my favorite maple sugar shots). NO grains or legumes.

Check out the Whole 30 page for more info!

I am on day 2 and that has come with a little tiredness and brain fog from my lack of carbs. It's a little rough after my 2+-bowl-a-day ice cream habit over the last 2 weeks.

Starting stats:
Weight 139.2
Left Arm - 11in
Right Arm - 11in
Waist - 31 3/4 in
Hips - 38 1/2 in   .. yes thems my child-bearing hips
Chest - 34 1/2 in
Left Thigh - 24 1/2 in
Right Thigh - 24 1/2 in


I'm throwing in some back-yard workouts when I can't get heavy lifting done in the home gym. Here's some pics of what we do:

My oldest son Luke doing wall-walks! He's a pro at burpees too.

I couldn't actually do any walking with my upper body strength so I held the pose as long as I could.



And making sure to stay active in other ways like taking walks and playing tennis with my guys before or after dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment